Prunus spinosa_Midway


The tree is slowly recovering from the problems in 2016.   Still it doesn't look the way that would  give my soul and mind peace.   I think that the best I can do here is just to place the pure beast in the sun in a place well hidden from my impatient fingers and leave it there for a season. At least.

Spring 2017
Despite all my mismanagement the tree has flowered nicely.  At least on the remaining branches :(





Winter 2017

I have pruned the new growth on the top in a hope to enforce some back budding in this area.  I hope the pure beast will cope with that...
The threadgrafted branch started in 2016  has been left untouched. ( you can see it in the middle of the trunk )  It seems it is going to take nevertheless  I will leave it connected to the feeder for another season. Just to be sure.   The sacrifice branches on the bottom section of the trunk are still there to add some badly needed horsepower to the roots.


Previous article about this sloe here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prunus mahaleb_Airlayered

Prunus mahaleb_Zorro